As WNPJ grounds our work in a Just Transition, we see our role as:
- Connector: Creating opportunities for members to get to know each other and each other’s work.
- Catalyst: Sharing educational resources about the Just Transition framework and other innovative visions and actions.
- Incubator: Supporting member groups work grounded in Just Transition and other innovative visions and actions.
- Amplifier: Investing resources in the vision and leadership of those on the frontlines and most impacted by the extractive economy.
- Reflection Space: Offering opportunities and tools for network members to reflect on their work.
WNPJ currently offers members these pathways to build connections throughout the state and strengthen our collective power.
Weekly News & Action Alerts
Reaching nearly 1400 people with information about what’s happening across the state and beyond.
Weaving the Web Virtual Drop in Hour
A monthly opportunity to connect with people working for peace and justice throughout Wisconsin.
Online Membership Circle
An online member portal where members can more deeply connect with one another. Here they can explore current trends in environmental and social justice, share resources and support one another.
Per our by-laws, each year WNPJ holds two annual gatherings; a Fall Assembly and another convening in the Spring. These gatherings help us collectively review our work, chart our next steps and strengthen our overall purpose and mission as we move forward.
WNPJ enjoys public interface at a variety of locations. The network shares the spots we reserve with interested member groups. Recent spaces reserved include the largest farmer’s market in WI at the state capitol, as well as the MREA annual Energy fair.
The WNPJ Board is currently building our understanding of generational wealth as it relates to the deeply embedded legacy of racialized capitalism in this country. In the future, we hope to offer pathways for reflection and redistribution efforts at the network level.